Saturday 29 September 2012

Beaded Headband

For the autumn Something Borrowed magazine issue I have written a DIY article on how to make your own beaded headband.  I hesitate to call it a tiara as I don't really think this sort of thing is although lots of people wear them as tiaras.  I think a tiara is more like a crown and this is more an embellished headband, hence the title.

This was really fun to make.  I got all the pearl and bicone beads and the base band on ebay and then surfed through Etsy for general ideas.  I really liked the idea of a repeated pattern and I used a similar beading method for the shoe clips I made for the last issue.
Supplies, 3 sizes of pearl, clear bicone beads, wire, snips and pliers, headband

I played around with 3 sizes of pearls until I had something I wanted then had a go.  I am really happy with the results and I enjoyed playing about with my camera to get some good shots too.
Shiny shiny pearls

I am really loving all things weddingy at the moment!

1 comment:

  1. Wow that turned out so well!! You could seriously sell those little babies, maybe a wedding accessories shop? You could work in weddings forever, fun!!
    Daisy Dayz

    ReplyDelete