Friday 3 February 2012

A Late Christmas Present!

I'm back from my trip to see friends and we exchanged presents from Christmas, it is a bit of a tradition for us to give our presents late, mainly because we are both craft procrastinators!  Kylie loved her Dorothy top and wore it all day, I was really happy that it fitted and she loved it so much.  She gave me a cute crocheted bag and this lovely Primrose Bakery Cookbook.  I am a sucker for cook books.
We made these cinnamon cupcakes with marshmallow icing and they were delish!  The icing is really easy and tastes just like gooey marshmallow.  The cakes were supposed to be the Nutella cupcake mix but the oven was dodgy and burnt the Nutella on the top of the mix.  I am def going to try them again though at home with my own oven.
Next we tried the triple chocolate layer cake with caramel buttercream icing.  The sponge was really lovely but we found the icing was a bit sickly and the whole batch hardened up so quickly it was hard to spread on the cake.
I am really glad to have this book, there are so many really lovely recipes in it that are based around different flavours rather than just different ways to decorate cakes like some books.  I recommend it!

No comments:

Post a Comment