Sunday 15 May 2011

Time for something a bit different

After my epic costume sewing I decided to do something different and make some quick satisfaction jewellery.  I find after a long project, a couple of little ones get me back into the swing of things and prvent me from becoming jaded.  It also helps to have interests other than sewing which I can move onto when I need a break but will still allow me to be creative.

I started a bunch of fimo charms a little while ago but had gone off them so I got my act together and finished them off for sale in my shop.
Bakewell Tart
Cherry Iced Bun
Cherry Lemon Pie

Watermelon Cream Pie

Watermelon Pie
I am a beginner at fimo charms and canes but I really enjoy seeing if I can make things with it even though it is pretty time consuming.  I have this book http://www.amazon.co.uk/Miniature-Food-Masterclass-Angie-Scarr/dp/1861085257/ref=sr_1_3?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1305461775&sr=1-3 which is really good for making dolls house food and realistic miniatures.

I did a bit of stash busting with my beads and charms to make a couple of summery necklaces too.
Butterfly Garden  
Daisy Drop
I'm not sure which one I like best but I would wear both and the little pink beads on the butterfly one are vintage from my grandmother's sewing box.  This is an unashamed plug but all these items are available in my Misi shop http://www.misi.co.uk/shop_info.php?domain=sorbetsurprise  I have been meaning to add some news things for a while and finally got around to it.  I am also wondering if I should replicate my shop on etsy, it is more popular but it is also a much bigger site so I don't know if it would be worth my while or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment