Tuesday 26 April 2011

Queen of Hearts Jacket - Work in Progress 2

Finally got some sewing in today as the sun was a being a bit wishy-washy and not tempting me to the garden!  So back to the Queen of Hearts jacket, there were lots of pieces (I only cut 2 the wrong way round, and one was only little) so I separated the colours on to my bookshelves so I wouldn't lose any. 
   
From bottom, pattern, lining, red and top out of picture is red
(A collar facing still managed to disappear though!  Luckily its the smallest piece so I just re-cut it.)
Lllllllllllots of progress pictures.............
Front bodice 

Back Bodice
 This looks very striking I think!
Collar
 The collar was quite fiddly, and the instructions were not particularly clear, it made it sound like you had to sew the facings on twice rather than the proper fabric.  I chose to alternate every piece red and white in the end which I think has a lot of impact.
Front bodice with collar
Back bodice with collar
Just look at that lining up!  That makes me so happy!
Bodice with Queen collar
I also made the huge stand up Queen collar included in the pattern as I want it to be over the top and obvious that I am the queen of my birthday and not just a boring card :p  Obviously none of it is lined yet but you can see the shape.  I do have interfacing air bubble (see previous post) but it is not as obvious as I first thought.  I should have interfaced the lining not the cheapy satin but ah well!  I have started the jacket peplum but just chomped a big hole in it :S I do have a way to save it though!

No comments:

Post a Comment