Monday 4 April 2011

Hair Accessories and Queen of Hearts skirt

I have had a lovely long weekend away from work so have got quite a bit of sewing done.  Yay!  Today I finished off some hair accessories to put in my online shop as I haven't updated it in a while and I feel I really should. 

I made these little clips from fabric yo-yos and some beads and sequins as well as jazzing up the clips with some glitter.
This headband is the same yo-yos but with vintage buttons from my grans stash on a fabric and elastic band.  I really like this and might have to make one for myself!

I whipped this up this afternoon in a few hours too, its for my Queen of Hearts costume.
The black is slightly see through which is what the white dots are, I am planning on wearing it with tights, maybe ones with hearts if I can find some

It didn't need to be amazing, I just folded over the top and added some elastic which isn't the best way of finishing it but I didn't  have any really wide elastic which would have looked good as a wasit band and don't want to spend too much on a costume.  I also used the fabric upside down so it has red and black stripes rather than just red as I think this suits it better.
Piccy shows the length
I am planning on using the pattern I posted previously to make the jacket and I will probs use a vest top and decorate it myself to go with the skirt.  As it was stretchy fabric I just decided to use it as a tube rather than creating the fuller skirt of the pattern but thought it would be too over the top for a dress.  The top I will restrict as to what I can manage in the time limits though I am ahead of myself at the moment.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks! Can't decide if I would wear it other than a costume or not but will see. Have lots left over but Don't know what to do with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way cute! I would wear it other than a costome for sure!

    ReplyDelete