Monday 21 March 2011

My 1980's Vintage Patterns

On to my 1980's pattern post!  I won't post any of the modern patterns that I have that you can still buy in the shops and online as I don't really feel then need but it is nice to share these.

 1980
Style 3223
From my grans stash, I really like the pussy bow middle dress and I reckon this one could look pretty fashionable once it is made up.  I love how trends come around again.

1980
Simplicity 9497

This was my Mum's pattern, it looks as though she has made it in the past but I know she doesn't have the dress now if she did.  This is a bit shapeless for me so I'm not sure this one will get made up.

1980
Style 2949
The second view has really interesting sleeves and neckline which I think could look pretty good made up.

This is my total guilty pleasure pattern,  I bought it purely because of the subject matter, it actually looks pretty rubbish in the made up picture on the back but I am convinced I could make a good go of it.  Not that I have yet but we will see.  
1985
Butterick 3214
TA DA!!  What is not to love?  If you don't know already I have a My Little Pony addiction and basically I have to have anything the is original eighties MLP.  I don't want any modern rubbish mind, I like the old ones.  There is another 3 patterns I believe out there, and I desperately want them.  I will track them down and buy them!!!  (Scary rant over.)
Next post I am hoping to have a before and after of my sewing room, though I am feeling quite ashamed at showing the before!



No comments:

Post a Comment